Take control of a team of highly trained fighter pilots and experience an epic story in the deep sea world of Aquanox. Send your enemies down to Davy Jones’ Locker with well-aimed torpedoes, mortars, mines and more in a journey that takes you across the world’s oceans and into the deepest trenches of our Earth.
Aquanox Deep Descent does not tie into the original series directly. Still, the foundations of its story world are derived from what made the original game world stand out:
- The deep sea, unexplored, mysterious, hazardous
- Humankind forced to live under dire circumstances, far from the surface world we are used to, but still faced with the most basic of human problems
- A multi-layered ecosystem, in which the political and economical balance of power is ever-shifting; the struggle for survival does not grant the luxury of simple categories like good or bad
- A dystopian vision of our Earth and oceans; no alien planet, no parallel dimension
- Characters whose personal problems inform and dictate the narrative of the game
In short, a world worth exploring.